Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Fourth Grade

My students are so precious. I've been teaching at Westminster Classical School for a little over a week now, and I love it! My students are so eager to learn and my school is committed to helping them understand and live out of the gospel. On Monday two of my girls asked if they could sing a song they wrote over the weekend during snack time. Little did I know, it was a song about me! Here's how is goes (after a brief "Somewhere over the rainbow" intro...:)



Lisa Driver

Lisa likes to drive a car.

Lisa likes to eat a bar.

Lisa likes to teach girls,

and in her hair she has some curls!

She also likes to teach boys.

Even if they make some noise.

Lisa likes to look at bugs. [I have them fooled! We're studying bugs.]

She also likes to give some hugs.

Lisa likes to bake a cake,

and spend the day at the lake.

She is smart. She is cool.

We're so glad she's at our school.

Go Mrs. Driver!


The boys, of course, had to respond to the "noise" comment and came up with a cheer of their own. Here's a picture of the two girls who sang. Aren't they cute?



2 comments:

Camille said...

It was so good seeing you today even though our visit was so short. I love that after only a week these girls love you so much. You have a gift with children that God will use when you start your own family.
We love y'all and are so blessed to have you in our lives.

lisa driver said...

It was great seeing you, too. Next time I come, we'll have to get together b/c I want to catch up with you more! I miss you!