Friday, September 5, 2008

Jesus Keeps

I'm so thankful that Jesus always loves me. He is the one person I can always count on to love me well and completely and without regard to my behavior. This week the stresses of school and my lack of sleep have caught up with me. I've struggled to be kind and patient to my husband as well as my students. The Lord has used my sweet students to remind me of the great work he is doing and allowing me to be a part of. We pray each morning, and on Fridays we pray for the lost. Hearing their sweet prayers for those unsaved people they know was such a gift to me this morning. God is so faithful to bring us to places and put us in situations where we can't make it without him. I want to love people better and I'm encouraged because Jesus wants me to love people better, too. I'm thankful that in Christ I have hope.

"My memory has no retention, so I forget easily the lessons learned, and thy truths seep away. Give me a broken heart that yet carries home the water of grace."

No comments: