Thursday, March 25, 2010

Ode to Grandpas



I never had a grandpa and always wanted one. When I married my husband I finally got to experience the joy of having a grandpa (Justin's Papa is a great one!). Now I get to see my son with his grandpa and it is so sweet! He LOVES his grandpa and his grandpa LOVES him. I have had a lot of helpers come since Alexander was born, but I must say that my dad has gone above and beyond the call of duty. Here are some ways he has helped me out:

-played, cooed, sang, danced, hummed, and did whatever was needed to help calm my sweet, challenging wee babe
-vacuumed (not just cursory vacuuming but the kind where you move EVERY piece of furniture and item on the floor)
-helped me clean the bathrooms (yuck--my least fav chore)
-went to the grocery store and made SO many yummy dishes for us (including shrimp scampi, spagetti and meatballs, homemade cinnamon buns, homemade apple cake, fresh baked bread, roast chicken and stuffing (with gravy of course:), NY strip steaks, and chicken noodle soup)
-babysat
and (drum roll please...)
-got up with Alexander every night so that I could SLEEP!

Needless to say, I'm so thankful for this special time with my dad. Dad- thanks for all of your help and for loving my son so much. We love you, too!

1 comment:

Matthew Mills said...

Way to go Dad! We can't wait for you to be a great Grandpa to our kids too.... :) Lisa and Justin, you are such great parents and are being great models for Em and me!

-Matt