Monday, January 18, 2010

He's here!







Alexander came last Wednesday. My labor started around 2am. I must have cried out in pain because the first thing I remember is Justin asking, "Why are you waking me up?" I tried to go back to sleep but couldn't, so I walked around and we started timing my contractions. After two hours, we decided this was probably the real thing so I took a shower and we started getting ready to head to the hospital. We had the Cosby show on and I cooked up some chicken that I had taken out of the freezer so it wouldn't go bad. :) Justin blew up my exercise ball to use as a labor ball and I'd sit on that while having contractions. We called the doctor at 6am and she said to come on to the hospital. We arrived shortly before 7am and found out that the hospital was so full I'd have to wait for a bed! I labored for a while in the "daddy" waiting area (not fun) and finally got a room. We found out I was already 4-5cm and 100% effaced and my water broke the first time I was checked! I labored for about an hour more before receiving my epidural. The nurse estimated a 2pm delivery. However, every time they checked me I was several cm more dilated and by 10am I was ready to push! Everything happened so fast! Alexander arrived at 11:14am and is the joy of our hearts! He's so precious and couldn't be any cuter. We are cherishing this time with him. Here are some pictures of the little guy.

1 comment:

Jessica Hilliker said...

oh, he's just *preciou*, Lis!! Thanks for sharing your labor story, it is always so fun to hear those, and yours went so well, praise God! big hugs!!